One of our local authority clients are currently recruiting for a Finance Business Partner. This is a temporary contract for 2 months with possible further extension based on budget and performance.
Apply on Partner Site
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
To deliver a solution-focussed, innovative financial management function that enables the effective allocation of resources to outcomes. Provide professional and evidence-based management information to support the long-term sustainability of the Council and its trusted partners. To understand the key objectives of Council Directorates and deliver robust challenge and support to proposals in development thus ensuring that value for money and effective and efficient working practices are delivered. Support the production of business cases and commercial viability assessments.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Collaborate with budget holders and stakeholders within assigned Directorates to provide expert financial advice and guidance on financial matters.
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with budget holders, understanding their objectives, and translating them into financial plans and strategies.
* Prepare accurate and timely financial reports, incorporating information on forecasts, and budgets for the assigned Directorates, ensuring compliance with regulations and policies.
* Analyse financial data and performance, identifying trends, variances, and risks, and providing insights and recommendations to support informed decision-making.
* Work closely with budget holders to review expenditure, monitor budgets, and implement corrective actions to ensure effective financial control.
* Support the development and monitoring of business plans and financial strategies for the assigned Directorates, aligning with the overall financial objectives of the Council.
* Provide financial modelling and scenario analysis to assess the financial impact of potential initiatives, projects, or policy changes.
* Collaborate with finance colleagues to ensure accurate and timely month-end and year-end close processes, including accruals, prepayments, and reconciliations.
* Assist in the preparation and presentation of financial reports and analysis to senior management and stakeholders.
* Stay updated with changes in financial regulations, policies, and best practices, and ensure their implementation within the assigned Directorates.
* To undertake any other tasks or duties commensurate with the grade and role of the post as directed.
The above is a brief overview of the role, details and specification will be provided should you be successful. If interested in this position, please send your CV to Jahker Miah at Coyle Personnel Ltd
Or check similar jobs