About the Company
Apply on Partner Site
My client is a privately owned mid-size developer in Surrey.
About the Role
As part role of the Senior Technical Manager role, you will manage and co-ordinate the technical team to ensure technical and design matters are delivered within programme and in budget.
You will report to the Technical Director on a regular basis to ensure the BU’s portfolio of varied schemes are appropriately resourced, managed, monitored and delivered on programme.
Manage and co-ordinate the team on multiple projects which shall include involvement in the following areas:
* Management of technical design process to ensure that all design / technical issues are dealt with within development programme and budget
* Throughout the development process, identify and implement ways to maximise value and manage cost through design and specification.
* Oversee due diligence technical assessment for land bids including optimising consented schemes
* Work with the D&P Execs to critically analyse design at each stage to optimize value and achieve programmes
* Work with the Technical team to provide technical support to Commercial during procurement, Production during build and Customer Service post occupation
* Support the project team with various technical matters including Building Control, Utilities, Bonds, NHBC and building regulations compliance
* Ensure team compliance with CDM/EMS procedures and a full understanding of the requirements of the CDM Regulations.
Work with the Technical Team to ensure briefs and scopes for design consultants are appropriate, prior to appointment, as well as effectively budgeting for fees.
In conjunction with the TC/TM; manage external design consultants to ensure information is provided on time and within agreed budgets.
Attend external design meetings with designers or consultants as appropriate.
Technical Design Standards
Create and manage an effective process to review, update and regulate TW Design Standards across all projects.
Ensure consistency across all projects in relation to best practice and lessons learnt.
Manage and ensure design standards and all Technical Bulletins issued by TW Group are integrated into projects.
Ensure appropriate resourcing of projects.
Liaise with the Technical Director on a regular basis including input into board reports.
Assume responsibility for existing projects and manage the team to support new land acquisitions.
Motivate, communicate with and day to day management of the Technical team.
Provide mentoring, coaching and support to the Technical team.
* Membership of relevant professional body eg MCIOB (Member of Chartered Institute of Building)
* Strong experience required in the design, construction, and delivery of residential projects
* Appropriate degree level qualification - BSc/BEng, Construction Management etc.
* The ability to manage all aspects of the design process to set internal dates.
* The ability to critique/challenge development layouts, architectural and engineering - IN PARTICULAR A STRONG ENGINEERING BACKGROUND IS ADVANTAGEOUS
* The ability to lead large and diverse teams.
* Ability to communicate with all disciplines at all levels
Or check similar jobs