Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager…
“My team is made up of experienced professionals that know nuclear projects like the back of their hand. Therefore, I would like to welcome an individual that can bring their project knowledge from a highly regulated sector, to further develop and innovate our offering to the business.
The End State project is a first of a kind in nuclear decommissioning and requires adaptable and flexible individuals willing to take on a wide range of challenges across a number of technical disciplines. Building effective working relationships across a range of external and internal stakeholders and excellent communication skills are essential to successful delivery within the End State Project.”
* Producing high quality technical documents / reports, and/or specifying and verifying documents and reports;
* Collecting, assessing, managing and interpreting technical data in accordance with quality standards;
* Managing site works as required, in accordance with high standards in safe working practices;
* Management of project delivery for aspects of the lifetime plan including performance reporting, identifying risks and managing dependencies;
* Management of contracts / contractors to support project delivery;
* Effective working relationships within project organisations, external stakeholders and regulators.
Qualifications and Experience:
* A minimum of five years’ experience covering environmental protection, decommissioning, site restoration and land quality management with specific experience of radioactive and conventional waste management;
* Qualified to a degree level in a relevant subject (e.g. Environmental Science, Geology, Nuclear Sciences, Engineering), or suitable alternative experience;
* Awareness and experience in safe working practices including experience in managing site based works;
* Awareness of Environmental Safety Cases and the GRR;
* Experience in project management and reporting;
* Experience in stakeholder engagement, including regulators;
* Adaptable and flexible in approach to develop novel approaches and technical strategies
Salary & Benefits:
* Competitive salary with access to performance linked pay progression
* 25 days annual leave
* Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
* Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
* Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Please be aware this role holder requires BPSS clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, and we therefore particularly welcome applications from women, BAME, LGBT+ and disabled candidates.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible