GEM is a rapidly expanding, London-based SME delivering mechanical and electrical services for both the public and private sector. We provide a variety of services from one off installations and servicing, to capital investment schemes and planed preventative maintenance programs with an emergency call out service 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
The Contracts Manager has a wide range of responsibilities across GEM’s M&E contract. The role is responsible for service delivery on both indwelling and commercial reactive and PPM works. The Contract Manager will be supported by a team of Supervisors and an Engineer workforce who carry out a variety of heating, water, electrical and gas-related works across the contract.
* Responsible for ensuring that all workloads, maximised outputs are achieved, whilst reducing costs by effectively managing all resources.
* Ensure that tasks raised by the planning team are within SLA requirements, with work orders raised on the system and completed in real time.
* Cost control, monitoring and reporting of the contract spend and chargeable jobs delivered across all contract works.
* Assist in creating a safe working environment to ensure the achievement of all health, safety and environmental legislation, engineering and customer standards.
* Ensure all PPM delivery is planned and carried out in accordance with the contract requirements.
* Ensure KPI compliancy is met across the contract.
* Work with the planning and procurement team to ensure correct parts are ordered and installed with minimal disruption to the Client and residents.
Customer & Client Experience
* Customer interface and liaison with third parties to ensure safe delivery of the utilities programme through direct management, guidance, development and site inspections.
* Maintaining a positive image of the company at all times by displaying high levels of professionalism and excellent customer service to all clients of GEM.
* Complete engineering surveys and technical reports as necessary, distributing all key data to relevant personnel, and ensuring this is available on operative PDAs.
* Ensure appropriate checks are carried out in line with current gas safety legislation and standards.
* Attend relevant training where necessary to ensure professional competency and industry skills are maintained.
* Respond to and make safe all safety-related works following processes set out by the manufacturer’s instructions/GEM’s Client/GEM (including emergencies situations).
* Proactively manage task volumes in conjunction with the planning team.
* Supporting change and encouraging continuous improvement to better working practices and processes ensuring GEM meets the needs of its customers and clients.
* Participate in the OOH escalation rota.
> Relevant mechanical qualifications (minimum HND in such a qualification is essential).
> 5 year + of M&E project or contract management is essential.
> Delivery of M&E contracts in a social housing context is highly advantageous.
> Supervisory/management qualification is essential.
> Domestic and/or Commercial Gas ACS qualifications (not required to be current).
* Building maintenance services/engineering associated with commercial repairs and installation works.
* Knowledge of how to run commercial and district PPM programmes.
> Pragmatic, efficient and confident approach to decision-making.
> Great communicator, who is able to turn technical jargon into information understandable to different audiences of GEM (staff, clients, customers etc.).
> Translate drawings and schematic diagrams and have a keen eye for detail.
> Have strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
> Being organised, keeping your workplace/station clean and tidy.
> Able to learn new processes in a reasonably fast-paced way.
> Competent in Microsoft Office suite.
> Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
> Data analysis.
> Possess a thorough, organised and detail-oriented approach to work.
> Able to plan, prioritise, and coordinate, multi-task and complete work assignments within deadlines.
* Previous M&E contract management experience in a gas distribution or social housing context for contracts over £2M.
* Experience and proven track record of leading on site and driving performance.
* Working knowledge of Gas Safety Management Regulations 1996 legislation, Electrical Safety Standards, and relevant codes of practice, engineering instructions, safety and statutory regulations.
* Experience in delivering gas-related works in a safe and compliant manner.
* Experience of managing a team of engineers on an M&E contract.
* Experience in delivering contract review meetings with clients and other stakeholders
> Be fluent in English.
> Full driving licence.
> Be prepared to undergo the relevant DBS check as per GEM`s terms of employment.
> Be flexible in their work approach to working hours to meet the needs and requirements of the business