Kennedys is looking for a Collections Technician to join our Financial Operations team based in Chelmsford on a 12 month fixed term contract. The successful Collections Technician will work as part of the Credit Control team, alongside the Billing, Cashiering and Finance Database teams, to provide a proactive support service to the Firm.
Kennedys Finance team support the firm globally producing timely and accurate financial and management information, reporting solutions and operational support to maintain the high standard of service offered to the firm's internal and external clients.
Our Finance team is made up of Financial Control, Financial Planning and Reporting, Management Accountants, Credit Control, Legal Cashiers and Billers and Financial Operations Database teams.
Our UK Finance team is based in Chelmsford and London and have a presence in eight global offices.
* Provide a comprehensive credit control service - pursue debtors frequently and effectively by telephone, email and letter to secure payment within Kennedys agreed payment terms
* To identify the type of market we are invoicing Lloyds, Lirma, IAU, Company, overseas and use the appropriate collection method for each
* Seek the relevant authorisations needed from market leads to proceed with collection of our invoices
* Liaise with clients to resolve complexed issues to enable collection of our invoices
* Full processing of invoices - from sending the invoice for initial approval to final settlement via ECF/Class
* Proactively engage fee earners and partners to improve collections and reduce debtor days - attend monthly meetings with fee earners and partners to agree collection plans
* Review aged debt lists regularly to identify bills that can be chased - ensuring that any issues are identified and escalated promptly to the partner or finance management as appropriate
* Ensure the credit control database is updated regularly and maintained with current activity summary.
* Working collaboratively with the other finance teams (cashiering, billing and database) to provide an excellent service to our partners and clients
* Knowledge of all aspects of ECF/CLASS system essential
* Working knowledge of a Credit Control function and legal billing cycles
* Knowledge of Solicitors Accounting Rules and VAT gained through experience
* Good level of IT skills, including Word and Excel
* Ideally a working knowledge of Elite 3e or similar financial systems
* Matching pension scheme
* Fitness and wellness benefits
* Private medical insurance
* Corporate GP
* Life insurance and Income protection
* 35 hour working week
* Excellent resources via our online Learning Management System
Business services and secretarial employees are integral to our success. We offer career opportunities for professionals with a variety of experience and responsibility. Our working environment is truly friendly and professional, and you will have a wide range of opportunities for career development. We are looking for ambitious, committed and enthusiastic people, no matter what your industry background