Bedford Daycare Hospice, Bedford
Bedford Daycare Hospice has been providing individualised holistic care to patients with life-limiting illnesses for nearly 30 years. Offering the highest standard of specialist, palliative and end of life care, we support patients and their families during the most difficult times of their lives.
As an independent charity, we fundraise to support our services, helping patients live their lives to the fullest, and have received The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service.
We are currently looking for a General Manager to join us and oversee the successful running of our organisation.
- Salary of c£40,000 per annum (or pro rata if part time)
- Enhanced holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Develop a service that provides vital support when patients most need it
- Take on a senior role in a highly respected independent charity
If you are an experienced management professional with strong leadership abilities, this is an exceptional opportunity to drive the success of lifechanging services.
We are passionate about providing the very best care and support to our patients and their loved ones at the most difficult time of their lives. You will have the chance to develop our existing services and ensure that we can continue to be there for our community when we are most needed.
As our General Manager, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of Bedford Daycare Hospice.
We are supported by the Bedfordshire CCG and are closely linked to local palliative care networks. Delivering high-quality care to our patients is our highest priority and you will be tasked with maintaining our exceptional standards.
Another important aspect of your role will be to develop and maintain strong relationships with our funders. While we benefit from the revenue of our five local charity shops, we carry out a range of fundraising initiatives to ensure we can keep helping the people of Bedford.
Reporting to the Trustees and Board of Directors of Bedford Daycare Hospice, you will:
- Develop and deliver our strategic and business plans
- Work closely with our Lead Nurse and Retail Manager to further develop our services
- Lead, motivate and support Hospice staff and volunteers
- Ensure that we comply with relevant regulations and legislation, including those of Companies House and the Charity Commission
- Develop and oversee appropriate financial systems and processes to ensure sound financial management
To join us as our General Manager, you will need:
- Experience of managing a team, holding budgets and managing finances
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- The ability to motivate and inspire others
- Great prioritisation and planning abilities
- A full driving licence
Previous healthcare experience would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Operations Manager, Hospice Operations Manager, Finance Manager, or Finance and Operations Manager.
Webrecruit and Bedford Daycare Hospice are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are eager to make a difference as our General Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency