We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
The SAP Finance Delivery Lead role is responsible for the development (incl. low-level solution design) and maintenance (Level 3) of IT solutions in their given area. The individual will specialise in one or more technology area (e.g. SAP), adopting the AA’s chosen delivery methodology to drive the delivery of high-quality solutions in a cost-effective manner. They will model delivery excellence for more junior members of the team (and engaged partner resources), providing technical guidance/review and striving for continual process improvement.
What will I be doing?
* Knowledge and detailed technical understanding of key SAP Finance and Controlling Modules, including integration from other modules into Finance. Knowledge of other modules and SAP technologies such as HCM, Success Factors Employee Central, FS-CD, PI/PO, Concur, Ariba would be advantageous.
* The design and delivery of IT work packages, taking ownership for the full development lifecycle.
* Creating & maintaining detailed delivery plans, aligned to project deliveries. Delivery to base-lined costs. This includes an
* Creation and evolution of detailed designs with a focus on standardisation and re-usability.
* Act as a conduit between Solution Architecture and Development teams, ensuring effective translation of high-level design and adherence to architectural and design standards/principles.
* Have detailed technical and functional knowledge of the relevant platform/system capabilities. Applies knowledge of industry trends, standards and developments to improve technical deliveries and service.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Hands-on experience of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
* Experience of managing IT deliveries in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi-system) environments.
* Experience of managing SAP Development & Functional teams across various SAP modules
* Prior management, supervisory and/or team leadership experience.
* Experience of managing vendor relationships would be beneficial, ideally with an offshore component.
* Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes/projects.
* Provides specialist level functional and configuration support for SAP in the FI-CO modules of ECC 6 – EHP5
* Sound configuration, support and business process knowledge of master data, GL, AP, AR, Asset accounting, cost element, cost centre, internal orders, profitability analysis and profit centre accounting.
* Detailed understanding of configuration dependencies and integration points between separate functional modules of SAP (PS/TMS/Logistics/Procurement/HR)
* Integration experience with Logistics, Treasury, Procurement, Project Systems and HR.
* Excellent understanding the RTR, PTP, SD and HR Processes as it interacts with FI-CO as per the standard SAP process model.
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level.
* Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential.
* Requires a diligent, data-driven individual who is committed to continual assessment and improvement.
* The individual must be comfortable with objectively challenging their peers, superiors and reports to ensure adherence to agreed quality standards (this equally applies to vendors).
* Individual must possess a strong technical aptitude and the ability to apply their knowledge to new technologies which they may not be familiar with.
* Whilst robustness and integrity are important, the individual must also be pragmatic and able to adapt to the needs of the business
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers