Senior Process Control Engineer - Chemicals
Salary: £55,000 to £60,000 + Pension + Healthcare + Bonus
Days Based Role
My client is a world leader in the chemical manufacturing industry, has been established for over 50 years. This highly respected group is looking to expand its engineering capacity and is adding to the senior engineering structure already within their current team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an extremely secure group which has developed into a market leader over the past decade.
* Trained Engineer, Apprenticeship - HNC - Degree Ideally
* Experience of PLC systems & Automated Process Control Engineer
* SCADA, HMI, PLC and DCS experience
The role will be heavily involved in the day-to-day support of the operations team, ensuring the continued operation of the plant, and support the execution of site capital plan, by providing effective process control solutions. The team are currently working on several key initiatives that this role will support including an automation plan to improve safety and OST, the upgrading of control systems and PLCs, supporting the introduction of APC to the site and the consolidation of the existing DCS systems into Experian.
• Responsible for optimum availability and functionality of the process control systems and applications
• Support Process Improvement and Process Engineering teams in the development and programming of control sequences – utilizing standards developed for programming of PLC’s, DCS and SCADA HMI packages
• Guide Production teams in the implementation of process control models, strategies and other methods for ensuring SQLCT
• Examine and translate users' requirements and/or equipment-related process control queries into appropriate solutions
• Provides guidance, support and direction to the Process Control Specialist/Engineer
• Manage 3rd party vendor SLA’s for Control Systems (e.g. Honeywell, ABB, Emerson etc.)
• Develop/update standards for any new/modified control system architecture
• Ensure change management practices are followed when altering the control system
• Identify and train resources on process control improvements and maintenance
• Provide input on new technologies considered and stay abreast of technology development and its application (e.g. Advanced Process Control).
• Execute capital projects, determining the cost of engineering, labour, equipment and materials for process control improvements
• Develop recommendations for the improvement of infrastructure
• Assist with operational implementation of the process control and infrastructure modifications and upgrades
• Provide technical expertise in support of capital projects, process evaluation, and project modifications.
If you are interested in this role please send a copy of your current CV using the details provided, interviews will be held locally and the company is looking to recruit this role as soon as possible.
ETS Consulting Ltd – Recruitment specialists with specific areas of expertise in the Manufacturing, Technical, Engineering and Sales markets.
ETS Consulting Limited act as an employment business and employment agency and are registered in England and Wales as ETS Consulting Limited, registered no (phone number removed). Registered office address 24 Broad Street, Salford, Lancashire, M6 5BY.
If one of our consultants contacts you in relation to this role, please be aware that as part of our registration process you will be required to provide ETS Consulting with proof of your identity along with proof of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom