Kennedys is looking for a Financial Operations Database Administrator to join our Financial Operations team based in Chelmsford, on a 12 month fixed term contract. The successful Financial Operations Database Administrator will contribute to the effectiveness of the Financial Operations Database team by ensuring accuracy, consistency and compliance within the Firm's financial system.
Kennedys Finance team support the Firm globally producing timely and accurate financial and management information, reporting solutions and operational support to maintain the high standard of service offered to the firm's internal and external clients.
Our Finance team is made up of Financial Control, Financial Planning and Reporting, Management Accountants, Credit Control, Legal Cashiers and Billers and Financial Operations Database teams.
Our UK Finance team is based in Chelmsford and London and have a presence in eight global offices.
* Primarily responsible for new business intake activities for all national and international offices serviced from the UK
* Undertake conflict searches via the Firm's financial system and via other manual or automated procedures as required by the Professional Practice department
* Regular monitoring of matters with incomplete billing details and take remedial actions as required by the Revenues teams
* Identify potential non-compliance with the Firm's policies and procedures for new clients/matters, and reporting back to the initiator and/or the Risk and Compliance department as appropriate
* Process matter transfers and update matter details (work types, billing details, etc.) as required by fee earners, secretaries and the Financial Operations team.
* Good level of IT skills, including Word and Excel
* Excellent communication/interpersonal skills with a confident telephone manner and strong writing skills.
* Experience in finance systems.
* Matching pension scheme
* Fitness and wellness benefits
* Private medical insurance
* Corporate GP
* Life insurance and Income protection
* 35 hour working week
* Excellent resources via our online Learning Management System
Business services and secretarial employees are integral to our success. We offer career opportunities for professionals with a variety of experience and responsibility. Our working environment is truly friendly and professional, and you will have a wide range of opportunities for career development. We are looking for ambitious, committed and enthusiastic people, no matter what your industry background