IT Systems Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a team player to join one of Manchester Staff’s clients during a period of significant growth. Manchester Staff are looking for an experienced IT Systems Manager to work within the dedicated IT Systems team in Cheshire.
The role will be responsible for managing, supporting, and developing the IT applications as well as managing the systems development team and providing a technical lead.
• Development of work streams, allocation and overseeing of work for the team.
• Developing, testing, and implementing software, systems and enhancing to the core processing systems and platforms.
• Provide third-line support for IT issues.
• Recommend technical solutions for projects and contribute to strategy plans, conducting research and act as tech lead.
• Produce high standard of documents to include proposals and reports numerous technical matters.
• Work on a rota basis performing “End of Day” processes and assisting with out of hours on-call support.
• Experienced team leader or management role with software development past, including software development lifecycles.
• Experience with Oracle databases.
• Change management experience, confident in planning and co-ordinating multiple complicated change activities to include liaising with staff.
• Creating rigorous system test plans.
• Logical thinking with excellent ability to solve problems.
• Self-motivated and punctual.
• Meticulous and thorough approach willing to work with others.
• Able to effectively communicate technical details professionally with staff at all levels.
• Experience with Windows and Linux platforms.
• Good SQL skills, preferably using PL/SQL.
• Oracle APEX development experience.
• SAP Business Objects preferable.
• Systems and UAT tests.
• Exposure to Agile and/or traditional development methods and lifecycles.
• Experience of working in a Financial Institution preferrable.
The salary will be circa £60K per annum depending on experience.
About Manchester Staff:
Manchester Staff are a specialist recruitment business focused on delivering highly experienced and reputable permanent staff to local businesses.
We can offer:
– Free support and advice to help you with your job search.
– Full interview support including a pre-interview call with a specialist consultant and coaching on interview tips and techniques.
– After placement support