About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a SUCTION EXCAVATOR PLANNER to join our Plant & Fleet business unit to work in Derby.
* Based within Strategic Assets business a dynamic and reactive role, understanding of safe plant operating systems, familiarity with the hire process including the legal and financial complexities of hire operations, understanding of operator competency and health, safety and environmental considerations.
* Manage internal stakeholders within Plant and Fleet such to ensure that Strategic Assets remain a consistent priority to these stakeholders.
What you'll be doing
As a Hiring Desk Planner, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
* Process requisitions, orders and on-hire and off-hires, ensuring all legal, health & safety requirements have been met.
* Carry out health, safety and environmental checks to ensure the staff and equipment meets the needs of the client.
* Complete contract documentation for on-hire and off-hires.
* Arrange the timely delivery and collection of equipment, considering vehicle type, site accessibility and health & safety requirements.
* Convey transport requirements including locations, delivery times and potential restrictions to operators.
* Ensure all operator licences and site cards are current and valid for the operation and liaise with the contractor to provide such evidence.
* Provide, explain and process hire rates and associated transactions e.g. daily rate, insurance excess, damage charges.
* Ensure compliance, control and governance at all times
* Provide data and reports as and when requested
* Drive and embed continuous improvement and documented processes and controls
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Have previous experience within a similar role
* Strong organisational and planning skills, demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent customer service focus and manner, demonstrating a sense of urgency in resolving issues
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
* Ability to solve problems and make timely and informed decisions.
* Understanding of how and when to escalate issues.
* Flexible and adaptable with excellent ability to work cross functionally within an organisation
* Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ideally have experience of building relationships with all levels of business seniority although not essential
* Have highly developed analytical skills, be commercially astute, be able to influence and be comfortable chasing business leaders
* Excellent IT skills
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services provides whole life fleet management and plant & equipment hire solutions to the Balfour Beatty Group.
Supplying over 8,000 cars, LCVs, and HGVs, as well as specialist plant and equipment, our teams have an intimate and up-to-date knowledge of the plant and fleet industry.
From specifying bespoke vehicles and equipment, to organising lease agreements, mobilising new contracts and delivering driver risk training, Plant & Fleet supports Balfour Beattys projects across the UK with an industry leading fleet of Zero Harm and sustainably specified equipment. This allows Balfour Beattys contract teams to focus on what they do best successfully delivering essential infrastructure projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists